Re: Sparc release requalification

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 08:38:22PM +0100, Jurij Smakov wrote:

> > > The PROM console driver has no relevance today at all.
> > >
> > > It should simply never be used.
> >
> > OK, cool, please remove it, and also please propagate that to the stable
> > branches so we don't miss anyone who's not on the bleeding edge.
>
> Please feel free to follow up on http://bugs.debian.org/525958 which I've
> filed in April to have the CONFIG_PROM_CONSOLE removed.

Yeah, definitely, Cc:ed. Dave has in the meantime killed it completely in
his stable tree:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-2.6.git;a=commit;h=09d3f3f0e02c8a900d076c302c5c02227f33572d

There's another commit that takes it out of the defconfigs completely - it
was already unset there for a while now. So it's pretty much official now
(well, Linus still has to take it in, but that should be a formality).

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.