Re: Lenny and Sun Ultra Sparc 10

Bob Wilkinson a écrit :
On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 11:51:00PM +0200, Alcide wrote:
Hi,

I tried to install Lenny on my Sun Ultra Sparc 10 with two methods:
the netinstall and with the cdrom.
And each time installation failed on the kernel installation, the
log console tells thats there's unsatisfied dependancies for the
kernel.

Does anyone have an idea for this?

Hi

  Maybe if you give us a clue as to what the unsatisfied
dependencies are?

  I do have debian running on an Ultra Sparc 10.

Thank you

Regards

Bob
Hi all,

At first sight there is a hardware problem with a memory slot, there is this message in /var/log/syslog:
CPU[0]: UDBH Syndrome[48] Memory Module "DIMM1"

But i don't understand why this problem append only for the kernel installation; and why i can install FreeBSD with no problems

Regards