Re: Sparc release requalification

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 09:43:35PM +0100, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> the sid kernels are not booting on my machine (SunBlade 1000), and I have
> an independent confirmation from someone with a similar machine that they
> are experiencing similar problems - I'm going to file a bug for that if
> the situation does not improve with the next kernel upload.

What seems to be the problem? FWIW the prtconfs.git repo has two SB1000
entries one of which is davem's, so we should have upstream support for
this at least.

Regarding the sparc kernel, it has recently seen a significant amount of
work esp. on 32-bit support, and in fact a new 32-bit subarch Leon was just
added, so we may actually be in a better situation than in lenny on that
front. The outlook certainly seems to be less gloomy than before.

> (on a somewhat brighter note, Stephen Gran has reported an almost
> successful install on T2K recently [0])

(Is that the newly donated machine that we had been talking about a while
ago?)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.