Re: Debian in an LDOM not working on etch or lenny

dmarkey@comp.dit.ie wrote:

Now that ubuntu doesnt support sparc anymore debian seems to be the only
decent SPARC distro out there.

Ubuntu's position appears to be that the SPARC variant is comatose because of lack of interest, but isn't dead. However Ubuntu depends on a working Debian and Debian depends on a working kernel and X which to a large extent depend on confidence in Sun's viability.

I've got Slackware running well on an E4500, although it obviously doesn't have significant support for package updates. I'm currently looking at Gentoo on x86, another possibility is Rock.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk