Re: Lenny on Sun T1000

I had these issues, got around them though, boot time is slow because
the consoles are majorly messed up.

First off boot with init=/bin/sh, you'll be able to get some kind of a
shell then to make the following changes. I think you'll also have to do
mount -orw,remount / && mount /boot

Inittab:
change 1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty1 to
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 ttyS0

and /boot/silo.conf

image=/vmlinuz
        label=Linux
        initrd=/initrd.img
        append="console=/dev/ttyS0"

You should be able to get a login now and boot time should be faster.

Tell me how you get on

All:
Was debian-sparc not tested on coolthreads servers? It probably should
as all new sun SPARC based machines are coolthreads based.

Cheers.