Re: debian unusable on niagara

From: Josip Rodin <joy@entuzijast.net>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 17:58:04 +0200

> David has indicated that he is willing to test other people's kernels on
> his plethora of machines, which can be a fairly arduous task, so it
> stands to reason that skimming a couple more mailing lists might be
> sufficiently less arduous for him that he would we willing to do it.
>
> In case of sparc, it should be mentioned that we're at most a stable
> community, if not diminishing in size...

It's PUSH, not PULL that makes it scale!

People contact me when they need something tested, not the other
way around!

Do you think I have time to murk through every sparc distributions
mailing list looking for crap like this?  You must be crazy if
you think that works and can scale.

Now the other way around, having people who concentrate in their
so-called "ecosystem" proactively contact me when a specific thing
need to be looked at, that does scale.