Re: Debian+KDE for SPARC

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Am I doing something spectacularly dumb or is there a reason why
> debian-testing-sparc-kde-cd-1.iso installs Gnome on SPARC with no trace
> of KDE?

The cause is that the boot parameter 'desktop=kde' was not added at CD
build time. Unfortunately debian-cd does not have support to add that
extra parameter for all architectures, even though we do build the
desktop CDs for them.

You're the first person to complain though :-/

For sparc this support was actually added fairly recently and thus the
parameter should be there. I've checked and it is added for all boot
options, except for the default...

I've now fixed this in SVN, so (if I've not made any mistakes) it should
be correct for Lenny. It would be nice if you could test this using the
next weekly build (normally next Monday).

Cheers,
FJP

P.S. This question would have been better asked on the d-cd list. It's
really just luck that I happen to be subscribed.