From: "John Bevins" <johnb@netptc.net>
To: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:56:41 PM GMT -02:00 Mid-Atlantic
Subject: OS dies, Sparc server returns to Open Boot prompt

Hello Everyone,

Information:

Sun Netra 240

Linux hostname 2.6.18-6-sparc64-smp #1 SMP Fri Oct 10 12:34:52 UTC 2008
sparc64 GNU/Linux

Disclaimer: I usually run Linux on x86 but I am stuck at this time with
a Sun Sparc server which I know very little about.

Problem:
I have a Sun Sparc server running Debian that may run for days but the
OS stops/dies and when I serial into it with Minicom it is at the Open
boot prompt and I have to tell it to boot.

Has anybody had this problem?
What was the resolution?
How do you trouble shoot this?

If further information is needed please let me know.

Thank you for your time in advance,
John