Re: XVR-500 support in Lenny

Dave, Julien, thanks for your replies.

I asked just to make sure I did not miss something obvious (like the .config file in /boot dir :)). I've been wondering why Debian on Sparc doesn't have compiled-in drivers for SUN's graphics cards. I can confirm that sunxvr500 driver works flawlessly even with XVR-600 card (although lspci shows wrong description), so at least all Sun Blade [12]500 users would benefit. And I suppose that sunxvr2500 is not any worse. So, please, could you consider to compile them in? The difference between OpenBoot ansi terminal and XVR-600 framebuffer is abysmal.

regards,
	Petr

Petr:

Well, a google search turned up this page (http://merkel.debian.org/~jurij/) which has the Debian kernel configurations.

The entry for 2.6.26-8 for sparc, "config-2.6.26-1-sparc64.gz <http://merkel.debian.org/%7Ejurij/2.6.26-8/sparc/config-2.6.26-1-sparc64.gz>" shows:

# CONFIG_FB_XVR500 is not set
# CONFIG_FB_XVR2500 is not set

Does that help?

[I was expecting to find information that tells me where the "config" file details are contained on a running system (under /proc, I thought), but I haven't found that, yet.... Perhaps that functionality isn't available / compiled into the sparc kernels...]

Cheers,
Dave