Re: Sun Leo (ZX)

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 18:14 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
how do I use the -p option that's supposed to flush printk() output to the console
promptly?

-p should cause all printk() to go to the PROM...

I've chickened out of that after initial lack of success and am using prom_printf()- after all this is only instrumentation during init rather than production code and my priority is to stop the rot.

Using a serial console I can see the output that would normally be buffered until after driver init was completed and I'm getting this far:

Remapping the kernel... done.
Booting Linux...
[MarkMLl] Debugging output to prom_printf()
[MarkMLl] Entered leo_init()
[MarkMLl] In leo_init(), matched option
[MarkMLl] In leo_probe()
[MarkMLl] Entered leo_init_one()
[MarkMLl] In leo_fixup_var_rgb()
[MarkMLl] In leo_init_wids()
[MarkMLl] In leo_wid_put()
[MarkMLl] In leo_wait()
[MarkMLl] In leo_wid_put()
[MarkMLl] In leo_wait()
[MarkMLl] In leo_wid_put()
[MarkMLl] In leo_wait()
[MarkMLl] In leo_wid_put()
[MarkMLl] In leo_wait()
[MarkMLl] In leo_init_hw()
[MarkMLl] In leo_switch_from_graph()
[MarkMLl] In leo_blank()
[MarkMLl] In leo_init_fix()

Looking more closely, it's completing the strlcpy() and exiting leo_init_fix() but locking up shortly after that. Something else has just cropped up that forces me to drop this but I think I need to check whether the strlcpy() is trying to copy the expanded match string into something which is now too small for it.

I've not yet checked out the behaviour with 2.4. I'll be back.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk