Re: RAID1

On Friday 08 February 2008 20:16:15 Daniel Siminiuk wrote:
> I have a Sun Ultra 60 with a pair of 73 GB Seagate drives and I want to set
> up RAID1 mirroring.

I wrote a brief HOWTO on software RAID a while back:
http://www.david-web.co.uk/blog/?p=118

I was doing it on SPARC, but there's nothing really architecture specific in
there.

As far as SILO is concerned, it can't understand RAID, so what you'll need to
do is create separate entries for disk 1 and disk 2, so that if either disk
fails you can still boot from the remaining disk.

Post any specific queries you have and I'll try to help,

Regards,
David.

--
David Johnson