Re: resolving X Server crashes on SPARC (bugs #488669 and #500358)

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 09:36:39AM +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> 1. Install the kernel package from http://people.debian.org/~gaudenz/sparc
>    and test if this fixes the problem. This is the same kernel as currently
>    in unstable with the problematic change removed. Please also test this
>    kernel if you are not affected by the change to see if the removal of the
>    problematic change has any ill side effects.

Could you extract the relevant patch from that package and send it over?
I've no idea if our modern packaged kernels work on my machine, and I don't
see any point in having to test both of those at once.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.