Re: PCI cards on Ultra5

Hi Geert,

> > Is there anything special about PCI support on UltraSparc?
> Not as far I known.
>
> I think the original poster is encountering hardware defects.
>
> Hardware test to preform:
> * place a known to be working PCI (Network) card in the Ultra 5
>
> * place the PCI USB card in known to be working PCI slot.

I ripped the USB card off my wife's PC (where it was working fine).
I also tried other cards on the Ultra, without success.

The machine itself runs pretty stable, I used it for about 8 hours yesterday without any glitches. So I don't want to talk about a hardware problem yet. ;)

Is there any possibility to debug this (from PROM monitor for example) ?

Btw, here's the lspci output (if that helps) :

rincewind:~# lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Sun Microsystems Computer Corp. Ultra IIi
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Sun Microsystems Computer Corp. Simba Advanced PCI Bridge (rev 13)
00:01.1 PCI bridge: Sun Microsystems Computer Corp. Simba Advanced PCI Bridge (rev 13)
01:01.0 Bridge: Sun Microsystems Computer Corp. EBUS (rev 01)
01:01.1 Ethernet controller: Sun Microsystems Computer Corp. Happy Meal (rev 01)
01:02.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage Pro 215GP (rev 5c)
01:03.0 IDE interface: Silicon Image, Inc. PCI0646 (rev 03)

Regards,
Chris