Re: xorg not working on 2.6.24-1 (smp and single)

Howard Eisenberger wrote:
> I just came across this message and didn't see a response.
> Did you find a fix?
>
>> X.Org X Server 1.4.0.90

Are you running Debian? 1.4.0 is not a current version in either testing
or unstable.

>> Current Operating System: Linux ULTRA5 2.6.24-1-sparc64-smp #1 SMP Thu

This is quite likely in some way related to:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/6/3/147

I don't think you will get any real help with this unless you first try
with at least kernel 2.6.26 (which includes the change referenced in that
thread) and xserver 1.4.2.

Cheers,
FJP