Re: OT: replacing SunSparc 10 faulty network onboard card

Hello.

> I apologize if this's a little off topic,

I do not think it's off topic.

> but I have a SunSparc 10 machine
> with a faulty network onboard card, I wonder if it´s posible to replace it
> with a common PCI ethernet card, and if so, how to configure it. Do you
> know a possible solution ?.

Do we talk about the same machine? A Sun Sparcstation 10 (32 bit CPU) does
not have PCI slots. It uses the SBUS.

A Sun Ultra 10 (64 bit CPU) has - as far as I remeber - PCI slots. There are
also Ultras with SBUS, Ultra 10 should have PCI. Cannot check that today.

If you need an SBUS card - try eBay. I bought some there.

Regards,

   Hartwig