Re: [PATCH] sparc: get leo framebuffer working
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] sparc: get leo framebuffer working
- From: Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 22:12:24 +0000
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <4849CC85.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
David Miller wrote:
From: Robert Reif <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 19:47:17 -0400
This patch fixes several issues:
Use the right openprom device name so the driver is actually loaded.
Fix a crash due to unitialized info->pseudo_palette.
Put the framebuffer in the proper mode for software rendering.
Hardware acceleration was removed when the driver was rewritten
for the new framebuffer API in 2003. Software rendering requires
a different framebuffer access mode but that wasn't changed. The
driver now works again but is slow. The proper fix is to reintroduce
Signed-off-by: Robert Reif <email@example.com>
Applied, thanks a lot for making this driver work Robert!
Many thanks from me as well. I hope I'm not the only person using this
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk
[Opinions above are the author's, not those of his employers or colleagues]