Re: [Ann] SparcV8 depot

Ludovic Courtès wrote:
Hi Joël,

BERTRAND Joël <joel.bertrand@systella.fr> writes:

	I have built a 2.6.24.2 linux kernel on my SS20 (dual SM71)
and it is stable in SMP configuration with HIGHMEM. I haven't tested
with HyperSPARC. Has anyone any information about HyperSPARC support ?
I shall test, but if someone has tried before me... ;-)

Congratulations!  ;-)

	You're welcome ;-)

	I'm building deb packages to upgrade this workstation to
debian/testing (with of course only V8 support not V8+). I don't know
if someone can be interested, but I think we can open a depot for
sparc-V8 package. I think I shall open an anonymous ftp server next
week, but I won't do anything if I'm alone.

I have a couple of SS20s and a couple of HyperSPARCs as well.  I could
give it a try once you've setup an on-line package repository, although
I can't commit to any specific deadline.

In a first time, I can provide a simple deb directory. I've never installed debian repository. If someone has anonymous ftp (with of course bandwidth), I can upload packages.

	If you try HyperSPARC, please test without and with SMP.

	JKB