Re: Etch on sunblade 150 : installer menus problem

I also had problems getting the kernel to load correctly over network.
My solution to this was to connect the sparc over a serial console to
some other box. Provided that the terminal on the other side is
working correctly, the installation menus will work ok, although
they'll be a bit sluggish at 9600 bps. To force the OPB into serial
console mode, you need to boot without a keyboard connected.

You may also need to give the command output-device without parameters
in OPB before trying to do that, since otherwise OPB may ignore the
fact that there's no keyboard, and still go into video mode.

Tell us your results!

/Didrik Madheden

On 17/12/2007, Vera Mickael <vera.mickael@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to install etch on a sunblade 150, I reached the stage
>   where I can see the first installer menu. For those who
> encountered the same problems as me, I used the boot command:
>
> boot net video=atyfb:off
>
> My problem is that the menu isn't displayed correctly,
> instead of colors on the border of the menu, special
> caracters are displayed. The screen's background is white
> and caracters are printed in black. I can't see which
> element is selected, there is no element highlighted.
> It's not possible to install this way.
>
> Is there an option to pass to the installer ? Is it possible
> to disable ncurses ?
>
> Thanks,
> Mickaël
>

> --

-----BEGIN 2ROT13 MESSAGE-----
Low Bitrate Netlabel: <http://flb.gg8.se/>
Blog:
<http://gameboygenius.8bitcollective.com/>
SKRIVA på Lysator. Ditt Ahrvid-fria alternativ: