Re: Installing Etch on Sun Ultra 2

2007-12-06T15:51:36+0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr>:

> The Sun seems connected only by a serial cable? It has no Ethernet
> card?

Yes it has, I didn't draw the cable because it isn't connected yet, but
the Sun has an Ethernet card, see the "+" at his left... :-°

> > By "connect directly", I mean connecting the Athlon and the Sun by
> > Ethernet without the intermediary of the router...
>
> Sorry, but this sentence does not seem to match the diagram. You mean
> "the Pentium", not "the Athlon"? Which one is the DHCP server?

Yes, I mean the Athlon. Currently, the only DHCP server is the router.

I'm sure I make not myself clear.
If you speak french, as I believe, maybe I could clarify my thoughts in
private, so this list would only receive the interesting part of this
conversation.

--
Yannick Palanque