Re: Messy screen with ATI Mach64 on UltraIIi

Hi guys,

>> atyfb: 3D RAGE IIC (Mach64 GV, PCI) [0x4756 rev 0x3a]
>> atyfb: 4M EDO, 14.31818 MHz XTAL, 230 MHz PLL, 83 Mhz MCLK, 83 MHz XCLK
>> Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 128x48
>> atyfb: fb0: ATY Mach64 frame buffer device on PCI
>Hi,
>may be I have the same problem on E250. Problem is now solved in > 2.6.20.

I have eventually managed to install Etch with the framebuffer disabled
(quite a tough experience).

However, even with the latest backported kernel (2.6.22) the problem persists,
that is, the framebuffer is still messy. At this point this is not much a
problem,
as I had planned to use it only from remote anyway.

Hernest