Re: SunRays

Hi,

> I've been trying to find out if it is possible to use Debian in a Sparc as
> the manager of several SunRays, but no luck so far.
> Has anyone done it? If so could you give me some pointers on how to do it.

we're serving abou 16 sunrays from a i386 box running Etch and it works
very wells. Usually Sun doesn't provide their products for Linux on
sparc - unfortunately, so I'm not sure if it's possible to run the
SunRay server under Linux on sparc.

Al lot of the server is written in some scripting language and
dhcp/tftpd are just those which are shipped with Etch, so I can see a
chance.

I've used mainly
http://www.math.uni-leipzig.de/~hellmund/sunray.shtml
as reference, but I also took a few ideas from
http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~simigern/sunray-debian/3.1.1fcs.html

Hope that helps,

Bernd

--