Re: E3500 install problems

Hi,

>     ~ # modprobe socal
>     FATAL: Module socal not found.
>
> Modprobe can't find it to load it.  Nothing in dmesg.  Nothing in
> /lib/modules *soc*.  It's just not included in the lenny installers.
> Which seems silly.  Which is why I'm being a pita. :)

here comes my workaround for such situations:

- download the normal kernel package - make sure it's the same version
than the one used in the installer, extract or install it somewhere
- boot the installer in expert mode
- configure your network
- load the ssh-client installer component, probably also the network
installer, so you can continue to isntall using ssh
- get a shell
- clean the modules: cd /lib/modules; rm -rf `uname -r`
- use scp to copy the /lib/modules/`uname -r` directory from your
extracted kernel into the installer's /lib/modules dir.
- load the module
- continue with the installation

Hope that works,

Bernd