sparc and testing migration

Hi,

as you all are probably aware, we currently have some quite bad issues
with the sparc buildds for some times, especially
http://bugs.debian.org/433187 unkillable processes on the buildds.

More and more packages which are ready for testing migration otherwise
can't go in because of out-of-date-packages on sparc (including missing
binNMUs). In past, we have decided on a case-by-case-basis to ignore
such issues, or even force packages in which break other packages only
on sparc.

As the situation is now, we decided to make our lives easier, and always
allow such packages to migrate to testing by hand if the only issue is
on sparc, and the package transition is otherwise useful (i.e. fixing RC
bugs, finishing a transition etc). This is not equivalent (yet) to
ignore sparc in testing migration by scripts, but also not a healty sign
for this architecture.

I hope that the mentioned RC bug can be fixed soon - if so, we're happy
to stop ignoring issues on sparc (or rather: we probably will find us in
the situation that such cases cease to exist).

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/