Please try reproducing kdm bug #433801 kdm_greet exits unexpectedly

Hi,
in July, Sune Vuorela sent a mail to debian-sparc requesting to try
reproducing #433801 on kdm, but there were no answers. I checked the web
archives and couldn't find the mail. Perhaps for some reason the mail didn't
reach debian-sparc, so I'm trying again. Quoting Sune :