Re: Ultra 60

I have a pair of U60's fully decked out (dual 450MHz CPUs, 2GB memory and Elite3d video) and have installed Sarge and Etch at one time or another. At no time have I had any success getting them to start or run in graphical Xwindows mode. I have seen other threads here about installing a frame buffer package but the dependencies for that package conflict with existing packages already installed and replacing those is a far reaching effort. I gave up and installed Sol10 on one of them and left the other with Etch in text mode (it's a mail server now anyway so who cares).

For more info than I have search the archived messages for subject "X server fails to start after netinstall of Etch on Ultra 60"

If there is an easier way I would appreciate some insight.

Thanks

Daniel