Re: Sparc32 systems and power consumption

Hi,

Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 17:22:48 +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>
>> Maybe it's time to somehow re-spawn Debian GNU/kNetBSD since NetBSD is
>> apparently paying more attention to avoiding regressions than Linux
>> (that's a euphemism---but I don't want this to sound too harsh, though,
>> being myself a humble luser).
>>
> Are you going to port glibc to netbsd/sparc?

Hey, no.  I'm not even sure I'd find time (and skills) to contribute.
;-)

I know, however, that there have been efforts in that direction by the
GNU/kFreeBSD folks.  There has also been work on a GNU/NetBSD port of
Debian (i.e., using NetBSD's libc) in the past.

I believe support for older hardware is an incentive for a GNU/(k)NetBSD
Debian.  It might attract other people precisely because of this.

Anyway, this is admittedly very prospective.

Thanks,
Ludovic.