Re: X server fails to start after netinstall of Etch on Ultra 60

I finally solved the problem, thanks to the help of those who
responded.

I am running kernel version 2.6.18, and I installed afbinit using:
"apt-get install afbinit".  Unfortunately, the version of afbinit I
got was 1.0-1, and the bug fix is in the newer version 1.0-1.1, for
which there does not appear to be a .deb package.  I had to download
the source code for version 1.0-1.1 from ftp.debian.org and compile
it.

My X server starts now.  Evidently, you must have afbinit version
1.0-1.1 to make it work.