Re: Intention to drop sparc32 support for Lenny

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 12:00:24PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> The sparc32 port has been struggling for some time. Last month Jurij
> Smakov, currently the most active Debian Sparc porter, raised the question
> if support sparc32 should be dropped for Lenny [1].
>
> The main reason is the fact that sparc32 support is no longer being
> maintained upstream for the kernel [2]. A result of that is that the
> 2.6.21 kernel is currently broken, which forces the issue.

Just a thought but if the SPARC32 system got dropped, would it be
possible to roll it back to the last known good configuration and then
archive that? I think there'd be value in having a working archived
distro of the latest software (before abandonment) for people.

--
Jordan Bettis -- Chicago Il.