Re: Installation prompt does not appear during netboot install

Frans Pop wrote:
On Friday 11 May 2007 11:48, Pravin Jeeanah wrote:
I am trying to netboot an etch install on a sparc
ultra1. When I issue the boot net command at the OBP
prompt the system downloads the install kernel and
boot directly after the message ...remapping kernel.

http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/sparc/ch05s03.html.en#sparc-boot-problems

This link talks about having two cards. But on some hardware (SunBlade 100 for example) you need it even if you have only one card, because the ATI framebuffer code the kernel locks up hard.

>> I see no prompt so as I can pass parameters such as expert

When booting from hard disc or CD-ROM parameters are passed at the SILO boot: prompt, which you get AFTER you have done "boot disk" or "boot cdrom" at the OpenBoot prompt. I have never net-booted, but it looks from the instructions as if SILO isn't involved. So I don't know how you would get the boot parameters passed to the kernel. Anyone else know?

Hugh

--

============S=u=p=p=o=r=t===D=e=b=i=a=n===http://www.debian.org =========
Dr. Hugh C. Pumphrey          | Tel. 0131-650-6026,Fax:0131-662-0478