Re: Java for Iceape

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> What package should I be using to tack Java onto Iceape in an off-the-shelf
> Etch for SPARC?

Apologies for answering my own question, but just in case it's ever useful to
anybody else.

sun-java5-jre appears to be broken by an ia32 dependency. I backed out of Kaffe
after spotting java-gcj-compat-plugin which appears designed for the job, i.e.
no fiddling with manual symlinks. Runs the VNC viewer applet,
http://mindprod.com/applets/unicode.html and wassup.html

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk