Re: file problems

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Martin wrote:

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 09:44 -0300, Martin Marques wrote:
<snip>
Looks like a file corruption, but how can I force a file check on debian
sparc. For some reason I can't get to the silo menu, and even if I do, how
do I pass parameters to the kernel so it starts ro?
Boot from an install/rescue CD and fsck the partition from there.  It
sounds like very serious disk unhappiness.  It might be worth dd'ing a
copy of the disk somewhere safe before you start so if it all goes wrong
you can at least get back to square one.

The problem is that this is a sarge instalation, and the sarge CD don't boot in rescue mode. :-(

--
 21:50:04 up 2 days,  9:07,  0 users,  load average: 0.92, 0.37, 0.18