Re: new user

Frans Pop napsal(a):
On Monday 19 February 2007 22:01, Daniel Smolik wrote:

I have requested 2x E450, 1xE250, 1x SS5 and 1x Ultra5 all machines
have for playing. On all I run Debian Sid. I would like help with
testing.

That's excellent. Testing installations with Debian Installer periodically is very useful. So is testing kernels before or just after they are uploaded and maybe checking that X.Org runs correctly.
Yes testig kernel is my hobby. Now I compile on all machines latest kernels to see if works OK. Now > 2.6.18 don't work on e450 :-(

Note that testing becomes an awful lot more useful if you can also invest some time in tracing any issues that you might discover.

At the moment testing the daily builds [1] of the installer would be very useful. Please file an installation report [1] for each type of machine.

Yes I can do this but I prefer install over net. Because this image is small and thi machines are conected to the net over 512Kb line.

				Cheers
					Dan

Cheers,
FJP