Followup on SunBlade2000 installation woes

Hello,

a few weeks back I reported issues with a SunBlade 2000 that shows
illegal instructions right after SILO. After some frustrating
evenings, the machine was passed to our neighbouring institute's
sys admins. They had installed Solaris on a sister machine of ours
and promised us a Linux Zone that in theory allows installing Debian.

What then happened is still mystery to us. The frustration of ours
followed the frustration of the sys admins since apparently our
Debianisation attempt had modified the firmware (of the Sun itself
or the qla disk driver) in a way that it cannot be installed with
Solaris any longer. The drive was plugged to another slot, just
because you try many things when desparate, and geez, what worked
then was not Solaris but Debian bootet up - first into SILO and then into the
kernel, just the way it should have worked from minute 1.

We had to add some sleep(15) to the initrd to give the drive and
its partitions some more time to be found. The machine now boots
nicely. Very special thanks go to Daniel, Andreas and Helge and for
all your constructive feedback on my original posting.

Btw, if there is need for it then I could possibly help out as a buildd.

Cheers,

Steffen