Re: Interesting apt problem during update

Hi,

sorry for the noise, but if another user runs into this:

[del]
>Setting up apt (0.6.46.4-0.1) ...
>gpg: key 2D230C5F: no valid user IDs
>gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
>gpg: key 6070D3A1: no valid user IDs
>gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
>gpg: key ADB11277: no valid user IDs
>gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
>gpg: key BBE55AB3: no valid user IDs
>gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
>gpg: Total number processed: 4
>gpg:           w/o user IDs: 4
>dpkg: error processing apt (--configure):
[del]

The solution for me was to boot into a 2.6 kernel (even a catatonic one
without network support...) and:

lian:~# dpkg --configure -a
Setting up apt (0.6.46.4-0.1) ...
gpg: key 2D230C5F: "Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (2006) <ftpmaster@debian.org>" not changed
gpg: key 6070D3A1: "Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (4.0/etch) <ftpmaster@debian.org>" not changed
gpg: key ADB11277: "Etch Stable Release Key <debian-release@lists.debian.org>" not changed
gpg: key BBE55AB3: "Debian-Volatile Archive Automatic Signing Key (4.0/etch)" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 4
gpg:              unchanged: 4

Setting up aptitude (0.4.4-4) ...

Setting up apt-utils (0.6.46.4-0.1) ...

Setting up libapt-pkg-dev (0.6.46.4-0.1) ...

All was well. I would like to know *why* gpg needs a 2.6 kernel and fails
without giving a proper error message, though....

HTH,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Channel 13 Is Haunted (Hex Dispensers)