Re: ALI15X3 IDE DMA problem still current?

Topi Junkkari wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a Netra X1 currently running Debian Sarge and I am planning a
> clean reinstall with Etch r1 soon. (I prefer a reinstall rather than
> dist-upgrade for reasons that are not relevant to this question.) The
> machine has been running for several years with the ide=nodma option
> set, as there used to be some problems with IDE DMA on the ALI15X3
> controller that resides on board the Netra X1.

I'm running several v100 here, which have (afaik) the same hardware then
the Netra X1.

00:0d.0 IDE interface: ALi Corporation M5229 IDE (rev c3)

is working well without ide=nodma here.
But I have to force the tulip ethernet chipset into HD mode, as it
dropped too many packets while running on FD.

Hope that helps,

Bernd

--
Bernd Zeimetz