Re: Applying OBP upgrade to SS20.

Hi,

>Wikipedia has this link to OBP images:
>
>http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/sun-bootroms/
>
>Does anybody know how to apply these to an SS20?  I have done upgrade
>on an Ultra 10 before (straight forward job), but have no experience
>on this older hardware.
[del]

Write the image of choice into an EPROM, rip out your old one and put in the
new one. AFAIK there never was a sparc 32 bit box with an EEPROM.

Personally, I once bought a ready made EPROM on ebay and upgraded my SS20
that way,

HTH,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Channel 13 Is Haunted (Hex Dispensers)