Re: New SILO package version available for testing

Hi,

>> On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 08:37:11PM +0200, Ulrich Teichert wrote:
>>> Will it work on sparc32 systems, too?
>>
>> Sure, to my knowledge, there is no need to compile a bootloader with
>> gcc -m64, except if you want it to access more than 4 GB of memory
>> or if you cannot do otherwise (e.g. on alpha).

Booting such large images with SILO would be nice, but I've been told
the limit is much more down to 2 MB ;-)

>OTOH, it will probably cease to work on sparc32 when the whole toolchain
>will switch to SPARC v9 (ie soon).

Yeah, I know. I hope to scrub up some diskspace & time until then and build
the stuff on my own.

CU,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Channel 13 Is Haunted (Hex Dispensers)