Re: How to use a serial console on Ultra 1?

OK, so I purchased a null modem adapter and now I can boot the Ultra 1
only to Run Level 1 and watch from a laptop. Thank you for all your
help.

I could not boot any other level because gdm would run (even if run
level 3), so I removed the gdm pkg. Now I cannot boot any other level
because I get a bunch of 'init process respawning too fast- waiting 5
minutes' messages. Somehow the ethernet configuration is also messed up.
What I really want is to be able to "get" various configuration files
from the Ultra to my new home server (a Proliant DL380 G2). Is there a
way to transfer files over the serial console? Is this a RTFM question?

Since the Ultra does boot, I assume something must be wrong with the Sun
monitor GDM-20E20. I had been trying to use a sun graphics to VGA
adapter and connecting the monitor to the Proliant. It didn't work.
Maybe I broke the monitor or hit a button I shouldn't have?