Re: Debian Kernel 2.6.22 doesn't boot on Sunblade 1000

On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 04:43:47PM +0200, Roland Stigge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> at http://people.debian.org/~stigge/2.6.22.boot.jpg you can see what
> happens: According to the kobject_add() and the trace, some initialization
> sequence is buggy.

Yes, Emanuele Rocca has recently discovered it, and figured out that
the CONFIG_SCSI_SCAN_ASYNC config option is responsible for this
failure. It is going to be disabled in the next kernel upload to sid.
I've also found an oldish thread on LKML discussing the problem, and
pinged it, see http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/8/11/80.

Let me know if you are interested in an unofficial package which has
CONFIG_SCSI_SCAN_ASYNC disabled and works fine on Blade 1000.

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                      KeyID: C99E03CC