Re: [ss20]cdrom

I did modprobe esp and it didn't work.  I remember in previous years that I had to insert esp and that was fine, so it sounds like you may be right.  I am currently trying an install of netbsd :-(.

Cheers,

Chris.

On 17/07/07, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
On Tuesday 17 July 2007 17:58, Chris Andrew wrote:
> All my CD's boot fine, it really look like a module isn't being loaded.
>  As I say, Sarg loads fine.  The installer starts, and then hangs when
> doing hardware detection for modules.

Possibly this is covered by the errata for the Etch installer (esp module
broken) [1].

It is one of the many issues that contribute to the decision to drop
support for sparc32...

[1] http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/debian-installer/