Re: Etch on Netra X1

Le vendredi 01 juin 2007 à 16:56 +0200, Frans Pop a écrit :
> On Friday 01 June 2007 16:34, Jerome Warnier wrote:
> > The first important problem is that it tries to use the "dmfe" kernel
> > module for the NICs, and it doesn't work at all, while "tulip" does.
>
> The installation guide documents this issue and a way to work around it.
> http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/sparc/ch02s06.html.en#nics-sparc-trouble
It does not talk specifically about Netra X1, while there is supposedly
very few machines involved. If the string "Netra X1" was in this chapter
I would never have reported this. Same thing if #360699 had been closed.
Now it is closed, but I feel it should not be as this is not definitive
a solution, as Lenny will probably still have the same problem.

But thanks for your help anyway.

--
Jérôme Warnier
FLOSS Consultant