Etch on Netra X1

I tried to install Etch on a Netra X1 today, using a netinst CD and
through a serial cable connected on the LOM for those who may wonder.

The first important problem is that it tries to use the "dmfe" kernel
module for the NICs, and it doesn't work at all, while "tulip" does. I
installed anyway, without network, and could unload the module dmfe on
first reboot, and it made the network work again.  I felt important to
(filesystem corruptions). Don't know yet if the hardware is flaky or if
Etch is not working on Netra X1, but I will probably diagnose this in
the following days.

Thanks for the hard work on Debian Sparc.