Re: X server fails to start after netinstall of Etch on Ultra 60

Hi,

[del]
>> Did you try to load the firmware manually with the
>> command  "/usr/sbin/afbinit /dev/fb0 /usr/lib/afb.ucode" ?
>> After that try to start the xserver with "startx".
[del]
>Yes, I should have mentioned that I did try running that command
>manually, and I got the same error message:
>
>mmap user regs: Invalid argument
[del]

Some, maybe silly, questions:

1. Are you root when you're running afbinit?
2. Does /dev/fb0 exist?
3. Does it point to the right card?

HTH,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Channel 13 Is Haunted (Hex Dispensers)