Re: Scheduling linux-2.6 2.6.21-[23]

\On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 05:42:21PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 12:18:57PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > I'd like to schedule the linux-2.6 2.6.21-[23] upload for today.

> I'll disable sparc32 and all hppa images.
> - sparc32: see the other discussion.

Ok, this seems to have Jurij's consent at least in principle.

But this:

> - hppa: broken toolchain which makes it impossible to build them and we
>   need linux-libc-dev.

What is so urgent about linux-libc-dev that you need to break what wasn't
broken before?  glibc still depends on l-l-d | l-k-h, and almost all of the
buildds still have l-k-h installed rather than l-l-d; but this change to
disable hppa image building *ensures* that 2.6.21-2 is not releasable (is
not suitable for testing), where 2.6.21-1 might have built just fine once
the hppa toolchain was fixed.

In the case of alpha, despite my irritation at having to revert this change
from the trunk before *beginning* to test 2.6.21 builds, at least there was
a kernel bug that needed to be fixed.  But hppa's bug is in the toolchain,
not in the kernel -- so this is certainly a regression, and once again it
doesn't look like the hppa porters were even consulted before the change was
made (firing off a notice to debian-hppa 5 hours before uploading is not
consultation).