sarge locks up after login prompt displayed

Hello all.  I'm a total newb on debian but i've worked
my way though getting sarge 3.1 r5 setup and it's
finally booting on it's own with the 2.6.8 kernel.
After it boots the kernel my Sun Blade 150 dies frozen
at the login: prompt.  Keyboard is non functioning and
pushing the power button doesn't respond either.  Any
suggestions?  Your help is much appreciated..

Need Mail bonding?