Re: Ultra Enterprise 3000k Installation

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 04:38:02PM -0500, Nathan Sprangers wrote:
> I can't get the installer to work on this server. With 3.1, the installer
> simply cannot find the CD drive. The scsi driver, esp, is loaded. I believe
> the cd-rom should be at scsi ID 6, I don't know how to tell the installer to
> "look here" though.
> I also tried with a debian testing install CD. I get a kernel panic in this
> case:

What version of testing CD? I have tested the daily-built installer
from http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer on Saturday on an
SS20, and it worked fine. If it is not too much trouble, could you try
one of the daily built images?

Best regards,
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                      KeyID: C99E03CC