Re: No network after upgrade to etch(2.6.18) on Ultra 1

On Thursday 14 December 2006 08:37, Donatas.Ciuksys@maf.vu.lt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have upgraded my Ultra 1 UltraSparc from sarge to etch (following
> description in release notes for sparc), then upgraded to kernel 2.6.18.
> Well, during boot I'm getting:
>
> SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
> eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
> SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
> SIOCSIFBRDADDR: No such device
> eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
> eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
>
> Any help?

lsmod should show that no driver is loaded for your NIC, load one and restart
networking. Next find out why the module for your NIC isn't getting
autoloaded during boot. Is udev correctly autoloading sbus modules? Is the
module blacklisted because some other script or program was loading it
explicitly? Not an exhaustive list to follow, just the basics.

hgg