Re: Memtest86 equivalent for Sparc architectures

David Johnson wrote:

> The PROM can do memory tests, although I'm not sure how extensive the testing
> is.

I think this might depend on the model. Assuming that OBP does basic tests
(since otherwise it would make boot take longer than most people would tolerate)
I find that a larger machine here runs more thorough tests if the key is in the
diag position, during which it is possible to break out to run much more
detailed analysis. However I don't know how much of this will have been
implemented in "standard" Ultras etc.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk