Re: blade 150 and 2.6

On Sunday 08 October 2006 01:09, Enrique Morfin wrote:
> It complains about the hdd device.
>
> something about diferences of /dev/hda and
> /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part5

what is in your /etc/fstab ?
devfs style naming ?

Where does the boot halt? right where the root filesystem should be mounted ?
does /dev have static entries or was it an empty dir because devfs was
creating them ?

boot with an install cd to find out if /dev/* entries for your hardware exist
or if you know they do then boot with kernel parameter init=/bin/bash and
then  'mount -o remount,rw  /' to edit your fstab.

Lastly does that kernel have an initrd, does it need drivers loaded for ide?
This is all the things I would be looking at in your situation, as I don't
have an uptodate debian sparc box to check any of these things, my entire
email might be sending you in the wrong direction.

Hamish