Re: Sun Enterprise Server

Martin escreveu:
On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 09:55 -0500, Nathan Crubel wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have a sun 250 dual sparc enterprise server. I am new to sun servers and debian Linux. This server has dual 400mhz sparc processors. 1gig of ram, 4 scis hardrives. NO IDE in it. I installed on the scis drive labeled 0,9,0. How do I get open boot to startup from this disk.
Thanks for Anyhelp I can get.
You'll need to run the command 'boot <device>' from OpenBoot.  The exact
<device> string will depend on the configuration of the I/O system and
what type of controller is being used, but it is basically a / separated
path - ala the *NIX filesystem.  Once you've determined the correct
command you can set boot-device and auto-boot so the process is
automatic.

A firmware quick reference:
http://www.firmworks.com/QuickRef.html

HTH

Cheers,
 - Martin

Mostly cases, boot cdrom can solve your problem

--

Gustavo Mendes de Carvalho
gmcarvalho@gmail.com